The right reflexes to pack in your bag
Take all those "durable development" habits you have at home with you on holiday!
- Take a shower rather than a bath
- Don't let your children play with the beach showers
- Tell the staff at your hotel that you don't need a change of sheets or towels every day
- Protect yourself from the sun (shutters, sunshades, humidifiers, etc.) rather than use the air-conditioning
- Make the most of the coolness provided by the night and breezes
On the beach
- Choose sun cream rather than a sun oil which is bad for marine plant life
- Don't bury anything in the sand. There are waste sorting bins available on all Royan's beaches, and beach ashtrays are distributed free at the Tourist Office..
- Fires are not allowed.
- During leisure activities using motor-driven craft, keep to the speed limits and obey the marker buoy indications
- Prefer bare sandy banks when you need to anchor a boat
- When diving, just look, don't touch. The marine ecosystem is fragile and you might disturb it
- Remember to take a rubbish bag with you when you go out to sea